In More Detail
See the following pages for more information on radiometric dating and how the geologic timescale is constructed:
- Understanding Evolution’s overview of the history of radiometric dating
- Understanding Evolution’s overview of using radiometric dating to tell how old a fossil is
- And still more from Understanding Evolution!
- A more detailed and complex account of radioactive decay and radiometric dating
- The website of International Commission on Stratigraphy, which decides on the official geologic time scale